Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE oatmeal. I eat it every weekday. I force myself to eat something different on the weekends just because we all need some variety in our lives. In addition to all of the health benefits, I honestly think it’s just delicious. And you can do so much with it.
Since so many people skip breakfast because they are super busy in the mornings, I think this recipe is perfect. You can make these ahead of time and you don’t need any dishes to enjoy them. Plus, you don’t have to try to balance a bowl while driving. (Don’t act like I’m the only one who has done that before. LOL)
There are so many ways you can play around with this recipe but I wanted to at least give you the baseline. Have fun with them!
Warning: They are SUPER hearty so you won’t need to eat many of them at once.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir everything together. Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Chill. Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours, or until the mixture is chilled. (This will help the mixture stick together more easily.)
- Roll into balls. Roll into mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Serve. Then enjoy immediately! Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Source: Gimme Some Oven